Thursday, January 13, 2011

ye olde juicebox


dress - modcloth
tights - we love colors
shoes - target

I roped my brother into taking photos for me again today. It's actually not fun at all having him do this because he makes me feel so guilty for even asking, and rushes me like crazy! I think I want to stick to taking my own photos on my webcam in my bedroom, but every now and then it's nice to have a different backdrop, even if I have to deal with a super annoying brother! ;-D

The house behind me is The John Abbott II House .. it was built in 1730 and used to store (ie: hide from the British) the state treasury during the Revolutionary War. It's funny, I went on the town website to get some information about the house for this post, and saw that apparently our town slogan is "America's Favorite Hometown." If I had liquid in my mouth it would have come shooting out my nose when I read that. What a laugh! (.. I obviously hate where I live. Moving on...) Anyway, the house is pretty cool! We went there on a school trip in elementary school and the people who work there act like it's still 1730, which is awesome until you ask them for a straw to go in your juice box and they act like straws haven't been invented yet.