Tuesday, January 11, 2011

petticoat fever


After years of thinking my skirts could use some extra volume, I *finally* ordered a crinoline petticoat last week, and it came in the mail yesterday! It makes every single dress I own look 200x better. Honestly, if you like the old fashioned silhouette of 50's dresses, with fitted tops and voluminous bottoms, you need crinoline. I got mine on amazon, pretty cheap considering how many of my dresses are going to look like they cost twice as much when I wear this slip underneath. I'm going to wear mine all the time, but it does add a ritzy factor that will make plenty of my casual dresses spiffy enough to wear on Posh Frock Friday!

By the way, if you're viewing this in a reader you can't tell, but I overhauled my layout again! After changing my header I figured I might as well change everything else as well. I made the colors of my buttons and images match the header, changed my profile photo (and added a bio-ish thing underneath) and moved my left sidebar over to the right. I really adore the new layout.. Of course, I'll probably end up changing it again in a few months, but right now I'm in love with it! ;-D