Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the walls of his heart were as thin as paper


hat - vintage
coat - f21
faux fur muff - urban outfitters
shoes - target

Whenever I wear this hat, I feel straight out of Doctor Zhivago. Granted, I'm no Julie Christie and bare legs would never suffice in a Moscow winter, but still...

I find Russian history so exciting and romantic. I'm half Russian, so that might have something to do with it, but I just can't get enough of the Revolution, the Czars, Anastasia, Ivan the Terrible, Catherine the Great, and of course Doctor Zhivago. The movie captures everything about Russia that fascinates me, presenting it as a flawed but majestic land where you can find endless fields of flowers and gorgeous ice castles. The movie's score is the cherry on top. Close your eyes and it conjures up images of an enchanted universe with horse drawn carriages gliding through the glistening snow. It's absolutely breathtaking!