Sunday, August 21, 2011

slumber party sunday


Before we get started I just want to thank everyone for the super sweet comments on my post yesterday! I'm almost always running on empty when it comes to confidence in my own art, so your lovely compliments & support really mean oodles & heaps to me! Thank you! <3

Now, shall we begin the party?! I have another super simple yet ultra scrumptious snack and part II of the creepy ghost story we started last week! (tingles up your spine yet?!) And my 90's movie theme continues with That Thing You Do (Although I guess that could technically qualify as 60's too, eh?) No playlist this week, partly because I've been listening to the same four songs on repeat all week and don't want to break away from them long enough to peruse the offerings on youtube ;) Also because I'm running out of songs I like that would also qualify as "slumber party songs." Suggestions are totally welcome! :D




Rice Krispies. on a stick. DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE. Need I say more? (I've mentioned it before, but it bears repeating... food on a stick is just better.) Pictures & genius idea via twig & thistle.




Since this movie isn't actually real, we're going with That Thing You Do instead ;) Like Now and Then, I hadn't seen this since I was a kid, but I revisited it this week. And subsequently had the title song stuck in my head for days on end. They play it A LOT in the movie. But you can understand how songs end up being hits thanks to massive radio saturation. By the end of the film, you know the lyrics and your heart has probably changed its beat to match the drums in the song. Anyway, it's a great sleepover film and I promise you'll want to raid Liv Tyler's wardrobe and possibly steal her hair. Rent it on netflix // download the torrent // buy it on amazon // rent it on amazon.




Part II of our serial ghost story! Boo! Did you miss part I? You can see it here :)



Truth: Describe your worst haircut ever. In detail.
Dare: Go outside and sing "I'm a little teapot"

ps. Did anyone follow through on last week's dare? I'd love to hear about it if you did! :D