Friday, August 26, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - vintage
shoes - modcloth
headband - c/o softspoken

Sorry these photos are so over-processed. Ugh. We're having the worst weather right now (and Hurricane Irene hasn't even hit yet!) It's been so terribly overcast and rainy. My room is constantly shrouded in dimness, so all of my photos are coming out terribly dark.

This week I discovered the sock bun. Have you ever tried this before?! It has to be, hands down, the easiest hairstyle I've ever done, with ponytails being the obvious exception. It's so simple, and so comfy!! One of my most vivid childhood memories involves my mom poking tons of bobby pins into my head to create a tight bun for my ballet recitals. Boy, I wish we had known about the sock bun back then! All you do is cut off the end of a sock, and roll it up, then wrap your hair in it. The sock holds your bun in place, no need for pins! There's a great tutorial here.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)