Monday, May 16, 2011

jumping hurdles


dress - swap with Amber Rose
belt - old navy
cardigan - forever 21
shoes - blowfish

There's been a little hitch in the proceedings with my move to Toronto... it turns out that to get a student visa you need to prove you have one year of living expenses in your bank account prior to your move -- which, by their estimates, should be a minimum of $10,000! :-O I think it's safe to say, as a 24 year old freelance artist who scrambles just to pay her netflix bill each month, I don't even have anywhere close to that amount.

Normally I would have been incredibly discouraged and probably spent the weekend in bed sobbing, but with my new positive attitude, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make this happen. I'm doing 200 paintings and selling them at $50 each, to try to raise the funds to get my student visa. So far this weekend I managed to get 16 done (it's tiny but it's a start!) and I hope to finish at least 100 this week. My only problem will be actually selling them lol ;-D

Once I have them up, if anyone would help me spread the word I'd appreciate it so much!! Someone would need to invent a virtual hug delivery service to properly express my gratitude. My whole entire future depends on me getting this visa.. so if you can help you'll be like my fairy godmothers!


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

What is the secret to getting away with a bank robbery? lol j/k ;-D