Sunday, May 8, 2011

scathingly brilliant moms


I know a lot of people think they have the best mom on the planet, but I really do. People who think their moms are the best meet my mom and change their mind. There's a picture of her in the dictionary next to "mother." There's also a picture of her next to "chocoholic" but that's beside the point.. She's just plain amazing, and I'm so so lucky to have ended up with her. When life is incredibly rotten and I think I have the worst luck ever, I remember that she and my dad are my parents and I realize I've got it pretty good after all.

Since I'm moving in a couple months, I couldn't give her anything sentimental today or there'd be a weep-fest for sure. (I'm having a hard enough time just writing this post.) I couldn't say it to her in person today, not wanting to turn us both into waterfalls for the next 24 hours, but she's seriously my absolute best friend on the planet. I'm going to miss her like mad and I can't wait for her and my dad to join me in Canada next year.


Three generations: my grandmom, me and my mom


my mom's mom, me and my dad's mom


Grandmom Dawn with my mom when she was a baby


Grandmom Eve with my dad when he was a baby


I know I probably love my cats TOO much, and a lot of people wouldn't think cats belong in a mother's day post... but I am so thankful for Chloe's mom and Hypatia's mom. They gave me the best cats anyone could hope for (albeit one of them tries to kill me on a regular basis, but still..) and I almost wish they were humans so I could send them some kind of thank you card..


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

Who is your favorite movie or tv mom? I think mine is Glynis Johns in Mary Poppins..