Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the sunny side of the street

scathingly brilliant modcloth ebullient and flow dress and blowfish shoes

dress - modcloth
cardigan - old navy
shoes - blowfish
bag - h&m
locket - handmade

As you might know if you follow me on twitter (or read this post) last week was pretty awful. Every once in a while, it seems like everything goes wrong all at once, from the really big "my whole life is a mess" things to little tiny things like spilling food on your lap (which only seems to happen during those really bad weeks, right?) Anyway, I decided Saturday night that it was NOT going to continue.

I felt really proactive about changing things for the better. I bought the Dream Job e-course from Red Velvet (which, by the way, I highly recommend!), and spent the weekend totally re-evaluating my job, with a new sunny outlook to make everything run more smoothly, and more importantly-- be more fun! With a smile in tow, I headed into this week.. prepared to be in a good mood!

Then I read Kaelah's 30 Day Detox post! It's a 30 day challenge to expunge bad moods, and refrain from negative tweeting and blogging. Like Kaelah said, if one bad thing can sour your mood for a whole day.. why can't one good thing brighten your mood for a whole day?! This couldn't come at a better time for me, and I'm totally psyched about participating! I tried something similar last year with Good Mood Week (which failed miserably) but I think that this time will be totally different. I'm attacking the things that cause my bad moods (mainly: chores that build up until they become overwhelming, and my job) at the root, instead of letting the problems fester & just covering them up with a smile.

I figure, I have this one life.. why spend my precious time doing things I hate, dwelling on problems that bother me and spoiling my thoughts with negativity? It's time to get positive and enjoy each and every day! :) If all goes well, hopefully the 30 day detox will turn into a lifetime! And hey, maybe I'll start to actually smile in my photos once in a while ;-D


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

What do you do to cheer yourself up? It's strictly popcorn, potatoes and movies for me!