Thursday, May 5, 2011

come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned

green modcloth dress

dress - modcloth
collar - luminia
faux kneehigh tights - UO
shoes - H&M

Lately I've been missing being a kid. I had a really great childhood, incredibly carefree and fun. As I got older and things started to change, I was never happy about it. Mother nature practically had to drag me into adulthood; screaming and wailing and holding on for dear life to my precious childhood. I can remember having regular conversations with my mom all throughout middle school, discussing how amazing it would be if Neverland was real.

I'm 24 now, and about to live on my own for the first time... and I still feel a lot like a kid. I don't know if it's just that right-brained people tend to live more creative lives, and keep reaching back into the crayons-and-coloring-books resources of our childhoods, but I still can't see myself as an adult. It constantly amazes me when I see people my age - or younger - who are engaged, married or giving birth to their second or third children already, when I still feel a sense of grown-up pride over doing my own laundry. Then again, I have a feeling that I'll be 80 and still looking out my window waiting for Peter Pan to come whisk me away in the night.


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

Clap your hands if you believe in fairies!!! *clap clap clap*