Tuesday, May 17, 2011

heidi called, she wants her hair back


dress - modcloth
shoes - blowfish
cardigan - forever 21
belt - old navy
locket - handmade

As much as I love my giant bun/beehive thingamajig, this is fast becoming my very favorite hairstyle. I know I'm overdoing it, wearing it this way almost every day now.. but it's SO easy!! And it's probably the only hairstyle I can think of that works with wet hair. I can't stand taking the time to blow dry all of my hair (I usually blow out my bangs then give up) so I just pin it up in braids, and I still look put together! A wet ponytail just looks kind of pathetic lol ;-)

Also, I've had a couple people ask me if I photoshop my pictures to get the color this way, and the answer is yes. I use the Heartland and Seventies filters from Pioneer Woman, and then set the opacity to 20% and 30%, respectively. Then I flatten the image & increase the lightness by 10%. I have all of that saved in one single action so I just hit "play" and my pictures come out this way in a pinch! :)

ps. I listed the first 14 of my paintings HERE! :)


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

Favorite flavor of jell-o?