Thursday, May 19, 2011

grandmom to the rescue!


dress - forever 21
belt - vintage
tights - h&m
shoes - from my grandmom
cardigan - forever 21

I finally got through to someone at the University of Toronto who could answer some questions I had about visas (at first they said it was purely an embassy issue and they couldn't discuss it with me, but the embassy doesn't answer phone calls so I felt totally at a loss) ... and it turns out that if you can get a family member to give you a note of financial support, saying they have more than $10,000 and would be willing to give it to you if you need it, you can get a student visa. My grandmom offered to do that for me, and was just so amazing to me that I was sobbing. She saved me, and I was totally overwhelmed. (She actually offered to GIVE me that money, not just vouch that she would. I declined but I'm still in awe of how generous she was. I can't even describe it.)

In addition to this meaning that I've averted the earth-shattering "my future is in jeopardy" crisis, it also means I don't have to do 200 paintings, and, better yet, I don't have to beg people to buy my 200 paintings! woo hoo! After failing to sell even one this week, I was basically having a chronic panic attack until my grandmom swooped in and saved the day! She's like my super hero.


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?