Monday, April 4, 2011

what we see and what we seem are but a dream


top - forever 21
skirt - h&m
shoes - aldo
bag - urban outfitters

After watching Picnic at Hanging Rock recently I've been really drawn to both 70's and early 1900's fashions. I bought a dress in New York last week that looks like it could have been worn in the movie... I can't wait to wear it when it finally gets warmer! It's a twirl-around-in-the-backyard-before-collapsing-in-a-wicker-chair-and-drinking-ice-cold-lemonade kind of dress.

I'm so jealous of bloggers who are posting spring-like photos already, when I'm still wearing my winter coat and a scarf to leave the house here! Last year our air conditioner broke in the beginning of summer and we couldn't afford to fix it, so I kind of loathed the whole season. We're finally getting it fixed next week, so I'm actually looking forward to the warmer weather this time, knowing I'll have a cool retreat if I get too hot outside :)