Friday, September 9, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - red velvet
shoes - c/o blowfish
hair bow - hive & honey

I'm so glad I was able to snatch up this dress, because it was sold out the same day that it went up for sale on Red Velvet! I wanted to buy a dress from their spring line earlier this year, but I didn't have enough money at the time, so as soon as I saw that their fall line was being released on September 1st, I made sure to save my pennies so I could snag one for myself this time!

It's SO pretty in person... it fits like a glove, and the fabric is beautiful! And I think this is the first time I've ever bought a tent-shaped dress that *didn't* make me look pregnant. It's a miracle! It's cut so that it falls straight in the front, and doesn't balloon out from your chest like most tent-shaped dresses do on me. I've always loved this silhouette, but thought I couldn't really wear it well. I hope they re-use this pattern again in the future so I can buy another one! :)