dress - handmade!!!
belt - modcloth
shoes - vintage
hair bow - hive & honey
First, sorry for the pitiful lighting again... it was super rainy yesterday, but I really couldn't wait for the sun to come out to take pictures of my new dress!! :D
I made this one using the New Look pattern#6020 but only for the bodice. I just did the skirt the same way I did the other one (just a really big rectangle with pleats) instead of following the New Look skirt pattern. The fabric is from JoAnn's (isn't it pretty?! I love grey and yellow!) and I made up the collar pattern myself! I just traced the neck & back openings and sketched out a shape for the collar I wanted. I can't believe it actually worked! :D
I liked this pattern A LOT better than the BurdaStyle one. The instructions were much more clear, and it was even easy to install a zipper! I still had trouble with the sizing and had to take it in a lot once it was assembled, but otherwise everything went smoothly. I want to keep practicing now until I really get the hang of it. I'm so excited about saving money by making my own dresses, and also I'm looking forward to trying to make my own modified versions of some dresses I've seen online that wouldn't fit me (like those xxxxxs vintage dresses on etsy lol!)