Saturday, September 24, 2011

blog awards and a-z



I haven't done any memes or blog awards in a long time, but I thought every once in a while it would be fun ;) So first up, I received two blog awards from two very lovely bloggers -- the Tell Me About Yourself Award from Desert Americana and the Versatile Blogger award from The Young Bridget Jones! Thank you so much! Both awards call for seven little known facts, so here we go!

1. I was on my High School Debate team & in Mock Trial. Geek alert! ;)
2. I am a total klutz. I don't think I ever have less than 5 bruises at a time.
3. My very bestest friends are all online. I've never met them IRL! (yet!)
4. I cry really, really easily. It's embarrassing.
5. I stopped driving in 2005 after recurring nightmares of a crash.
6. My ideal job would be to run a cat sanctuary.
7. I hate when tv show characters have babies.

They also call for giving the award to 15 other bloggers, but I always feel weird picking so I'm going to skip that part. And I thought it would be fun to do the A-Z meme floating around too! Although the version I keep seeing is missing the letter T. I'm assuming that's an accident(?) so I added one!

Age: 24
Bed size: Queen
Chore that you hate: Laundry (despise it!)
Dogs: None (but 2 cats!)
Essential start to your day: Hypatia meowing at me
Favorite color: Grapefruit pinkish
Gold or Silver: Neither
Height: 5’ on the nose
Instruments you play: Tiny bit of piano
Job title: Illustrator
Kids: Zip, nada, zero, zilch.
Live: United States
Mother’s name: Judy
Nicknames: Katie-Kate (Mom), Tootsie Pop (Grandmom), Moron (Brother)
Overnight hospital stays: None (knock on wood!)
Pet peeves: Women wearing sweaters/coats over their shoulders without using the arm holes.
Quote from a movie: "What do you really want?" "Everything. Nothing." (Look Back in Anger)
Right or left handed: Right
Siblings: Kyle, 8 years younger and 12 inches taller
Television: X-Files and Eureka
Underwear: Yes?
Vegetable you hate: Carrots and onions
What makes you run late: My genes.
X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth/Heart/Lungs/Back
Yummy food that you make: Chickpeas & tomatoes. DELISH.
Zoo animal: Lions