Thursday, August 9, 2012

indecisive.



Lately I've been feeling incredibly indecisive and scatterbrained. I'm very impulsive so when I'm feeling indecisive sometimes I make hasty decisions that I'm not really committed to, and end up regretting them almost immediately. Case in point -- my hair. Not really fond of the pink anymore, I hate to admit. I love it in my outfit photos, but in real life somehow it just isn't thrilling me as much as it used to. I miss the subtle pink tips I had before my impulse all-over dye job and I want them back. I feel like everybody who reads my blog is sort of rooting for me to be a pink-haired blogger until I die, but I just don't think it's for me anymore. (Sorry guys.)

Speaking of blogging, I've been feeling sort of weird about this too lately. I don't know what's getting into me. I don't want to stop blogging... that's not it at all. I just don't want to keep a rigid schedule anymore. In January 2011 I came up with a series for each day (like wishlist wednesday, star stuff, style idols, etc.) and consistently blogged at least twice a day for about a year. Then I started drifting, neglecting to post anything but outfit posts and DIYs in the morning. Then I got lazy about posting those, often forgetting (or procrastinating) to schedule the posts at night, and just putting them up the next day whenever I got around to it (if at all). And that's made me feel guilty, like I'm doing something wrong, but the only rules I'm breaking are the ones I made for myself.

Nobody HAS to blog twice a day, or even everyday. And honestly, I think if I stopped holding myself to a weird schedule (like 9am blog posts... why do I feel like I'm a failure if I don't post at exactly 9am?) I'd actually *want* to post more often. I still want to take daily outfit photos and post them here, and I still want to share DIY projects, the occasional slumber party sunday, astronomy fangirl posts and maybe some wishlists when the mood strikes (but not always on Wednesday ;) But I don't want to keep a schedule anymore, and I don't want to feel a huge burden of guilt if I miss a day. I don't want to think of a fun blog post, but then skip it because it doesn't fit into any of my preordained blog series topics. I just want to be more laid back about blogging so I can enjoy it more. And maybe if I'm enjoying it more, you will too?


Dress - modcloth | Sweater - f21 | Shoes - h&m