Hello, I'm Kailey from Mermaidens! I adore just about everything that is pastel or ice cream related, and so when I saw this DIY tutorial from Icing Designs my heart skipped a beat! Not only was it absolutely adorable, but immediately I thought of using one to make an ice cream headband and just had to share!
All you need for this project is:
2. A 2 1/2" Styrofoam Ball
3. Fabric Glue
4. Cone Colored Scrapbooking Paper
5. Any Store Bought Headband
6. A Sewing Machine (though this can be hand sewn as well - that's what I did!)
Using the styrofoam ball, fabric, scrapbooking paper, and the Icing Design cone template, assemble your own ice cream cone!
Next, all you need to do is take any store bought headband and glue the ice cream cone to it - allow the glue to dry completely before attempting to wear. And voila! A super easy and cute ice cream headband :
As somebody who needs to watch their pennies, I was overjoyed with how low-cost this project was - I found the bag of styrofoam balls at the Dollar Store and already had plenty of fabric left over from other D.I.Y. projects!
I plan on making another one soon, only this time, in mint green!
Guest post: ice cream headband DIY by Kailey from Mermaidens
diy|guest post|ice cream|
- look what I made #6: navy sweetheart dress
- shop my closet update
- merci beaucoup!
- wishlist wednesday // pie dress!
- my favorite kitty photobomb ever
- my little pony
- modcloth sale loot!
- modcloth sale alert!!
- The 3rd annual $1 print sale
- Guest post: vintage book collecting by Andi B Good...
- Guest post: ice cream headband DIY by Kailey from ...
- my cats and a sweater with cats on it
- hard decisions
- the awkward call for sponsors...
- how to make a seamless repeating pattern
- seafoam dreams
- exciting news!
- lonely tourist charlotte charles
- this actually happened.
- Simple bouffant bun updo
- look what I (sort of) made #5: bridesmaid gown res...
- 100 swans and a cat
- The most wonderful time of the year
- Giveaway: Le Bunny Bleu shoes!! [closed]
- black and white and mint all over
- bugging out
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2011 (472)