hard decisions

Yesterday was rough. Hypatia is sick again and after talking with our vet, I had settled on the agonizing decision to say goodbye. I even made the appointment. And then I changed my mind.

I have no idea if anything will work, but I did a lot of research on her condition last night (lymphocytic plasmacytic gingivitis stomatitis) and it seems like there is more hope than I was led to believe. There are a lot of treatments we haven't tried, homeopathic remedies and even vets who specialize in her condition (they're in Europe but you better believe I'd call or even save up my pennies to take her there if need be.) If the articles I read are correct, she should actually be able to live a long healthy life with this disease.

If anyone has (or had) a cat with this condition please let me know what treatments you pursued! I found out last night that steroids are the worst thing you can do, and that's what she's been getting :( I'm hoping it's not too late to change course.

She still seems way too full of life to give up yet, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that something works. I don't think either of us are ready to say goodbye yet.