Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year



It's that time of the year again -- 2013 calendar time. I've been hard at work (I say "work" but really this is my absolute favorite part of my job!) coming up with the 12 new illustrations for my new flapper doodle calendar. So far I have two complete drawings, one half-finished drawing and 9 incredibly rough sketches. And I've been working on it non-stop for days, so I guess at this rate I should be finished by, say, sometime in 2014?! ;p Maybe I'll share a sneak peek if anyone is interested?

Now to completely change the subject... these shoes. THESE SHOES. I went vintage shopping with my cousin a couple weeks ago, and she found these incredible pastel pink beauties. They were marked a size 8, and I'm a size 7, but I tried them on anyway... and they fit!! And they were only $10! I need to change the laces (I think the original ones were lost along the way and somebody replaced them with sneaker laces) but otherwise they're in amazing condition and just so so perfect! Look at those pretty little cutouts! *dies*




Dress - modcloth | Cardigan & belt - f21 | Shoes - vintage | Brooch - DIY