Wednesday, August 22, 2012

my cats and a sweater with cats on it



Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my post about Hypatia this afternoon. We got a second opinion today and the other vet was much more optimistic, so the sense of doom has lifted a little bit from our household. Right now we just have to wait and see if anything they did today works. She's already eaten quite a bit, so that's something! :)

I've been on a self-imposed spending freeze since I've been saving up to pay off one of my student loan bills by the end of August. I finally saved up enough, so I guiltily indulged in a little retail therapy (I use that phrase a lot, but today it really *was* therapy) and snatched up this cardigan today. It has cats all over it... they're always on my mind, so why not always have them on my clothing as well?

This post is kind of all over the place, but one last thing... there was one light moment yesterday that I want to share. I was really upset and crying like crazy so I went to get tissues from my room. Chloe was sitting on my bed looking right at me. She looked so cute, and I was feeling so incredibly emotional that I forgot for a moment which cat I was dealing with and went over to give her a little kiss on the forehead. She smacked me right in the face! I actually started laughing out loud ... no matter what is going on in our life, Chloe is still Chloe! :)