Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Style Idol - Barbara Eden as Jeannie


The other day I was trying to think of a Style Idol for this week, when I stumbled upon a news article that Barbara Eden's memoirs were being released this spring! B-i-n-g-o! Style Idol: found.

I've loved Jeannie's wardrobe since I was a kid, when I Dream of Jeannie used to play during Nick at Night's Block Party Summer marathons. I love her normal pink uniform (I was incredibly disappointed when I was Jeannie for halloween in elementary school & my costume didn't look EXACTLY like hers) but it's the wardrobe she uses for mingling with mere mortals that really makes me swoon. I think that all of her outfits in this post exemplify what I'm hoping I'll find when I search the vintage listings on etsy. I just scan the dresses hoping that one of them will resemble something Jeannie would wear... albeit with a slightly longer hemline since I'm not fortunate enough to have those legs :\

My all time favorite Jeannie outfit is the white sparkly dress she wears when she sings "Power On" in the nightclub episode. I couldn't find a photo of it, but I did find a video on youtube. The song is great, too, so it's definitely worth watching! :)



(screencaps via fanpop & screenmusings)