Wednesday, March 16, 2011

it's fate, baby, it's fate.


dress - modcloth
sweater - forever 21
shoes - vintage
belt - old navy
earrings - forever 21

I'd been on the lookout for a neutral dress for a while when I stumbled upon this one from Modcloth. They had one left in my size, and while I deliberated, someone snatched it up from underneath me. So I signed up for a restock notification and moved on, searching on other sites, all the while regretting that I didn't add this one to my cart while I had the chance.

The next morning, there was an email in my inbox from Modcloth saying that the dress had been restocked -- only one, and in my size, to boot! This time I didn't wait, I pounced! When it arrived in the mail, I was super excited and tried it on right away... but it was too big. Seriously?! Was my star-crossed adventure with this frock coming to an end so soon? I sadly put it back in its plastic bag. To drown my sorrows, I thought I'd indulge in some retail therapy a la Modcloth again. When what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a restock notice on the homepage alerting me that this dress -- my dress! -- was now available again. This time, the one single dress they had in stock was in the next size down. Now tell me that this wasn't destiny. This dress and I are meant to be together, forever! :)