Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Potato



I knew I wanted to post something St. Patrick's Day-related today, but I got quite sick this weekend (my throat is still so sore I can't even talk! ugh!) and didn't get a chance to go 'a hunting for Irish goodness until 1am this morning. I sifted through a bunch of videos on youtube before finding this gem, which combines two of my all time favorite things -- St. Patricks Day and THE POTATO!!

Yes, the potato. I love a lot of things in this world, but, if you'll notice, only 8 merit mentioning in the little bio I have under my picture at the top of my blog. Only 8 things in this entire world, and one is the almighty potato. So, imagine my sheer glee when I stumbled upon this video about the history of the potato, and its relation to Ireland (well.. and Idaho, and South America). Wheee!! It's really fun and cute... and it's about potatoes, so I'm a happy girl.

I'm going to stop typing now since I haven't really slept in days, and I'm pretty sure I'm not making any sense to anyone but me... so, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Oh! And in case you missed it, here's my Irish-themed playlist that I posted two weeks ago :)