Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice - Sarah from The Wicker Bar



Sugar, Spice and Everything nice is my new series that spotlights exceptionally sweet bloggers! This week I'd like you to meet Sarah from The Wicker Bar! Besides being a complete sweetheart, she also has a KILLER wit and I constantly wish that I was just 1/10th as funny as her. This is going to sound so geeky, but Sarah is just SO awesome and cool, I kind of want to be her when I grow up (and she's like 6 years younger than me.) She is one of my closest friends, and I'm super excited that she agreed so share some of her sweetness (and awesomeness) here today!




I have a lot of favorite pictures, but this one is a current favorite. I'm totally besotted by Twin Peaks at the current moment. Kyle Maclachlan is pretty easy on the eyes, so this picture of him and Lara Flynn Boyle is basically the sweetest thing ever right now.




Garden State is one of my absolute favorite movies. The whole thing is very bittersweet yet hilarious, but this scene is particularly touching. I can't describe it without totally giving away the story, so you should definitely watch it!




To be honest, I don't bake/cook as much as I'd like to...mostly because whenever I do, I end up eating the entire tray of brownies or whatever I've made! For a margherita pizza, I just kind of toss it together, but I do something along the lines of this recipe from Pink Parsely. Then for dessert I'd whip up some Trader Joe's truffle brownies, or grab a few Minty Newman-O's if I was lazy ;)





Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie
I've loved this song since forever, it seems. It's such a summer song, and it's PERFECT UGH. I'm disgusted with how perfect it is. The whole "Plans" album is just incredible as it is but I'll never stop loving this particular song. Can't you just picture driving with the windows down to this?


My two friends, Chris and Kevin, like to drop by my house unannounced from time to time. Last summer they showed up at my doorstep, so I let them in. Chris immediately went to the pantry to fetch the box of Wheat Thins, and Kevin sat down at the counter and picked up a newspaper. I was getting something out of the oven, so I was too preoccupied to notice them making themselves at home. I turned around to Kevin intently reading the paper, and Chris on his blackberry munching away - in silence. I stared at them for a second, then said, "You know, I'm really glad you guys came over to spend time with me!" obviously testing them. Neither of them looked up, and they both replied with a spacey, "No problem, we love coming to your house," and continued reading/eating. I burst out laughing because it was like something out of a movie. They snapped out of it, and then we took a trip to PetSmart at 9pm so they could buy beta fish. I have the craziest friends.