Monday, June 6, 2011

de-poshing the frock



dress - modcloth
sweater - forever 21
belt - forever 21
shoes - target

When I first showed this dress to my mom, she gave me a crooked smile and started going on and on about how incredibly impractical I am when it comes to buying clothing. My parents are very supportive of me dancing to the beat of my own style drum, but wearing all-out formal wear to go grocery shopping crosses some invisible line I guess. I insisted that I could come up with a casual outfit using this dress, but she just rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on," I pleaded, "can't you see this with a cardigan, flats and maybe a braided belt at the waist?!" But she just brushed me off and left my room.

Of course, this incident just made me super determined to do a reverse version of posh frock friday; taking my most frilly, dressy dresses and wearing them in super casual ensembles. And I think it worked pretty well! Even my stubborn mom agreed that I had managed it.. as we strolled through the grocery store ;-D

ps. Zoe from A Giraffe in a Scarf is raising money to pay for vet bills for her cat, Daisy, who's in critical condition. Click here to help her out!!


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

Favorite aisle at the grocery store? (Mine is the frozen section!)