Monday, December 31, 2018

what are you doing new year's eve?



My family is particularly excited about the New Year this time around because "19" is my parents' number. They met on December 19th and they've been wishing each other a happy anniversary on the 19th of every single month (not just Decembers) for almost 50 years now. I think we have to do something to celebrate the Year of Nineteen in some way, but we haven't decided how yet.

And personally, I am just SO ready to say goodbye to 2018. Aside from my health issues, this year was a struggle in so many ways, and without a doubt the worst year of my life. I haven't written much about a lot of things because they felt too raw and personal at the time but we had a lot of family health crises, and our family cat passed away suddenly and unexpectedly earlier this year, just a month after we had celebrated 15 years with her. Her absence has been felt very heavily all year, and made each successive heartache that much harder to deal with.

I decided to do one second a day this year, and there were so many times where I felt like "why did I choose THIS year of all years to record video of every single day?" but I played the whole video back today and despite all of the crushing stress and grief there were so many beautiful moments and happy days peppered in there. It was actually a joy to watch, and it reminded me that even in my very worst year I have a wonderful life. I will 100% be doing one second a day again in 2019 and I highly recommend it. When I started recording I would lament that most days I didn't record anything other than my cats, but once we lost Chloe I realized how important those videos really are. Every second matters, and every second is worth remembering.

I hope you have a wonderful 2019, guys! Thanks for reading along here. I appreciate you so much <3


dress - old | shoes - aldo