Saturday, December 29, 2018

my top five favorite: purchases in 2018



I decided to temporarily put "un deux trois" on hold because I just don't have the time to take that many outfit pictures right now, but I thought in the mean time I would resurrect another old blog series to take its place on Saturdays for a while.

For my first (well, not first ever, but first for now, lol!) post I thought I'd round up my top five favorite things that I purchased in 2018. As much as I love my dresses and fun accessories, all of my favorites in this post are totally random items that have nothing to do with clothes.

First up is the mannequin that I bought when my local Sears closed. I've always liked mannequins ever since I was a kid (probably a combination of that movie A Mom for Christmas - where a mannequin turns into Olivia Newton John - and the fact that my parents owned a t-shirt business and let me keep two of their old mannequins!) When I saw that Sears had all of their displays on sale I HAD TO HAVE ONE. This one reminded me of the Venus de Milo and I named her Marie.



I got this book stand a few months ago and it makes me so happy every time I look at it! I've been collecting movie tie-in paperbacks for ages but I never had a way to display them in a way where you'd be able to actually see their cool covers. This stand is technically for postcards but it fits two mass market paperbacks per pocket!



In January I got these drawer units for my work area and my life improved about, um, 400000% Everything is neatly organized and blissfully hidden from view. I use the bottom drawers for things that I don't need as often, and then the top drawers contain everything I need to pack orders or make buttons on a daily basis. Not only did this improve the aesthetics of my workspace but it made for a perfect backdrop for my outfit photos AND it streamlined my workflow. So happy I got these!



I had been thinking about getting an elliptical for years. Whenever I go to department stores I try them out because I think they're so fun, but they're usually large, bulky, and black, and I just didn't want that in my room. When I found this one, I was sold. I was casually looking at exercise equipment on the amazon app while I was in the McDonalds drive-thru with my dad, and there was literally a five minute gap between me saying "omg they have a pink elliptical!" and "I just bought a pink elliptical!" haha! I use this every single day for 10-20 minutes and it's held up very well. Sometimes I have to tighten the screws a little, but otherwise it's very sturdy. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone and I made it even MORE pink than it came by spray painting the black foot peddles and covering the black arms in pink duct tape ;)



Last but not least, my plants! I am so glad that I became a plant lady this year. Some of them cause me a little stress (why are the leaves falling off?? I just watered you!!") but overall they bring me so much joy and I enjoy seeing them grow and flourish so much! I don't have room for any more of them right now, but when I eventually have a bigger place I am definitely going to have plants EVERYWHERE. I can't wait.