Friday, December 28, 2018

recipe: chocolate chip cookies



When me and my brother were younger, my parents would always do their Christmas shopping in one day and I'd watch my brother while they were out. I always tried to make it a fun festive day, where we'd surprise our parents with new decorations or fresh cookies. We haven't done anything like that since he grew up but when they went out shopping last week I asked if he'd be up for getting Chinese take-out and making cookies! Since it was very spur-of-the-moment we didn't have a lot of baking supplies and had to make a couple substitutions but, magically, they were the best batch of chocolate chip cookies we've ever made. So those substitutions are now part of our permanent recipe, presented below :)



Ingredients:
2 1/3 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. melted unsalted butter
1/2 c. melted coconut oil
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375'

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine butter, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until it's combined. Then add chocolate chips and scoop out tablespoon-fuls onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to wire racks. Enjoy!