Friday, December 24, 2010

nestled all snug in her bed


Hypatia's already cozy & ready for Santa to come tonight. She's actually sleeping in her Christmas present from me .. I really couldn't see any point in waiting for the 25th to give it to her when she could be enjoying it a few weeks beforehand too!

My favorite thing about Christmas is that my cat Chloe (aka The Assassin) comes into the living room and keeps us company. I swear, she does it this one day only! I think all the fuss with the wrapping paper and boxes is what lures her in, but I like to pretend that she's in the Christmas spirit and enjoys spending time with us once a year ;-)

For some reason I'm only just now starting to feel like it's really Christmastime. It's taken a while to sink in this year but I'm glad it's finally happening. I was afraid I'd wake up in the morning still feeling like it was the middle of October. Believe it or not, cookies, the house smelling of Christmas food, Christmas Eve presents and last minute shopping with my dad did nothing to put me in the mood. But when I started playing The Pogues "Fairytale of New York" on repeat it finally kicked in. It's not even a legit Christmas song (I think.) Go figure! lol..

Hope everyone who celebrates has a fantastic Christmas, and if you don't, I hope you have a great weekend! :)
.