Friday, July 8, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - asos
shoes - vintage
cardigan - forever 21
belt - forever 21
crinoline - amazon

So, I dyed my hair pink! I liked the idea of a pink wig in theory, but I really love wearing my hair up, and you just can't do that with a wig. So I took the plunge and just decided to dye it pink! I needed to bleach my hair to touch up the red anyway, and figured what the heck? :)

The only problem was that the old red dye didn't get lightened enough on the bottom, so the pink didn't really show up there. I need to re-dye that this weekend! I actually took a BUNCH of outfit photos last Sunday so that if the pink came out hideous I would have a stockpile of pictures to post while I tried to un-do the mess, haha! Luckily I love how it came out (even with the red bottom, it just looks like intentional ombre or something, which is still cool) so that wasn't even necessary! :D

I used manic panic cotton candy pink, diluted about 50% with conditioner (a tip I got from this AMAAAAAZING hair dye post on The Dainty Squid) to get the lighter pastel color. If I can get the bottom of my hair to come out right, I think I might keep this color for a while! It really matches my blog, too! haha! ;-D


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

Have you ever dyed your hair before? If yes, what color(s)? Which was your favorite? I've done blonde, dark brown, light brown, red and dark purple.. and now pink :)