Monday, November 12, 2018

thank you for being a friend



Today is my birthday! When I was little my dad used to celebrate his "29th" birthday every single year, even though he was already 33 when I was born. I think he kept it going way into his forties, and I always thought it was just a weird funny dad thing. But now that I'm turning 32 I kinda want to just celebrate my 29th birthday every year instead, lol!

31 was a really weird and rough year for me, health wise and just life wise, but strangely I feel a lot more comfortable with my shortcomings all of a sudden. Instead of feeling like I'm a failure at love or money or art I just feel like those shortcomings are a part of who I am. I've worked hard to overcome my health issues and I've become a much more disciplined person than I ever was before. I have a set daily schedule, I exercise, I eat healthy, I make time for reading each night and I don't skip washing my face *ever* which is a weird thing to be proud of at my age but I was pretty darn lazy about that for the last three decades.

So there are some things about my life that haven't gone according to plan -- it's fine. I'm feeling healthy, I'm taking care of myself, and I'm only 29 so I still have a long time to figure things out ;)




belt - h&m (old) | shoes - aldo