Monday, October 29, 2018

young at heart



This is actually a kid's dress from Target! If you're really short like me (I'm 5') sometimes it's frustrating finding dresses that are the right proportion. They're usually too long at the waist and too long overall, so I get a lot of my dresses tailored to fit me. But this dress fit perfectly off the rack. I got a size XL and I'm usually a US8 or Medium in grown up clothes. Also it was only $9.99 which is like 1/5 the price of most adult dresses, so... score!

This weekend I did the Out of the Darkness walk to fight suicide. It was way more emotional than I anticipated... they had an opening ceremony with music and speakers and it really got to me. But I'm so glad I participated, and even though I didn't raise very much money I'm happy that a few people donated and supported my walk. And as a reminder, if you or a loved one is struggling with suicidal thoughts, please call the hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

I also had my annual Halloween party yesterday, which was so much fun. The menu was tricky this year since I'm on an anti-inflammatory diet, my brother is highly allergic to nuts, and my grandmom has Celiac, but I made it work! We had roasted pumpkin soup with a side of brown rice and bell peppers, and for dessert I made homemade gluten free lemon bars with coconut flour. I also made homemade chocolates with maple syrup and those were a hit with my family! I'll post a recipe for the candy soon -- everyone is demanding that I make more this week, so I'll take some pictures and write up a recipe post when I do my next batch ;)


dress - target | belt - from another dress | shoes - bait footwear