Saturday, October 20, 2018

un deux trois



I was showing this dress to my mom from a distance and she asked what the print was, and I told her it was lions and tigers. We both agreed that it would be even better if it was lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) and then when my mom looked closer she realized there are bears on the dress after all! I just hadn't noticed them! So this dress is a subtle little nod to The Wizard of Oz! How cool!

It's a tad bit longer than I normally go for, but I LOVE this dress. I think it's so flattering and it fits me like a glove. They have it in two other prints so I might need to go back for those (and then start a campaign to keep this pattern in circulation in various motifs for years to come!)

Can you guess which outfit is my favorite? I'll let you know at the end :)



Remixed item: Lions, tigers, and bears dress from Modcloth

Sweater vest: Amazon
Lamb brooch: Sugar Cookie
Shoes: Bait footwear

I wasn't lying when I said that The Mindy Project got me hooked on sweater vests! I never in a million years would have thought of adding this particular garment to my wardrobe if it wasn't for Mindy but I *love* her sweater vest outfits, and it's such a cute and easy way to style a dress!



Remixed item: Lions, tigers, and bears dress from Modcloth

Cardigan: Amazon
Lilac shoes: Aldo

In this outfit I matched all of my accessories to the lilac tigers on the dress (the shoes are lilac, too, though I'm not sure if you can really tell here.) This cardigan technically has 3/4 sleeves but they come all the way down to the wrists on me. I pulled the sleeves up slightly so you can see the ends of my long sleeve dress peeking out and I think it's a neat little detail!



Remixed item: Lions, tigers, and bears dress from Modcloth

Shirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Vintage
Shoes: Aldo

Lions, tigers, bears, and Arrietty! Oh my! I was just re-reading the blog post I wrote in 2013 introducing her to you guys and then I came back to this photo and got *all the feelings*!!! She's sleeping next to me right now while I'm typing this and I know I'm such a cat lady but Arrietty is honestly the most important part of my life and my heart could just burst from how much I love her. She's such a little sweetheart and so, so cute. Sometimes I wish everyone could meet her in person because photos and videos don't do justice to what a sweet personality she has.

Anyway! I got this shirt recently from forever 21 (it has a scalloped collar!!!) and thought it would be perfect for turning my dress into a pseudo-skirt. Although I do think this look would be especially great if I had a button-up in a matching color instead, like navy blue. But alas, I don't own any button ups that match... and I really had the itch to wear this new shirt lol!

So did you guess which one was my favorite? If you guessed the first outfit with the sweater vest, you were correct! :D