Saturday, October 13, 2018

un deux trois



I went back and looked at the photos from the last time I wore this dress and they are SO bright! It was early August so sunshine was still a thing. We've been having fall sunshine (ie. no sunshine) paired with summer weather. It's been really hot but it looks like 5pm all day long. I've been doing this outfit post thing since 2011 and I'm *still* frustrated when fall shows up and I forget how to adjust my camera settings accordingly.

Anyway. This post is not about sunshine and weather, it's about remixing this pencil print dress! I love when a dress has multiple colors so you can wear a ton of different cardigans, sweaters, shoes, etc. and still be matchy. This one has five different colors (maroon, grey, blue, red, and yellow) so there are a lot of possibilities!

Do you want to guess which outfit was my favorite? I'll spill the beans at the end of the post! :)



Remixed item: Pencil print dress from Modcloth

Shirt: ASOS
Shoes: Aldo

I've been re-watching The Mindy Project (and hating Danny so much, omg!) and it's making me want to do all the layering and pattern clashing and invest in a ton of sweater vests. Since this print is kind of subtle I thought it was perfect for pairing with this heart print cardigan that has a similar color scheme. And then I kept it simple with a matching belt and nude shoes. Very Mindy, imho!



Remixed item: Pencil print dress from Modcloth

Sweater: Amazon
Necklace: Old Navy
Shoes: Bait Footwear

Have you ever done a faux-crop on a sweater? I love doing this because it makes outfits look more proportional and fitted and it's so easy. Just fold the bottom of the sweater up to your waist, and then back down again to create a little sweater belt! It's so much easier than sewing a new hem on a sweater or trying to find a pre-cropped sweater for sale.



Remixed item: Pencil print dress from Modcloth

Cardigan: Forever21 (old)
Shoes: Aldo
Tights: Amazon
French Fries brooch: Kinks & Quirks

This is probably my go-to look for any dress -- a cardigan, a belt, a brooch, and tights. Voila! You're good to go. Lately I've been liking the look of wearing shoes the same color as my tights since it has a lengthening effect on my short legs.

Did you guess which outfit was my favorite? It was the second one with the red sweater. My Mindy outfit would be a close second :)