Friday, July 1, 2016

posh frock friday



I'm pretty sure that the only people who still read my blog are the ones who have been following it since the beginning, but just in case anyone new has stumbled upon my little corner of the internet since I last posted about this series three years ago --- Posh Frock Friday originated in 2010 as a way of getting to wear the fancier pieces in my closet that don't normally see the light of day unless it's New Year's Eve or my birthday. It's a way to jump-start your self esteem, too, since seeing a dolled-up reflection in the mirror in the morning definitely adds some pep to your step for the rest of the day!

I was going through my dresses for ANOTHER shop my closet sale (I wish I could say that I'm becoming one of those de-cluttering, live-simple wizards but I just need money) and realized I have a whole lot of fancy dresses that I never get to wear. And so Posh Frock Friday was re-born! I'm not going to have a link-up widget on my posts like I used to, but I *am* going to hashtag my outfit posts #poshfrockfridays on instagram if you want to join in! I'm kind of a major failure at ever like.. "starting something" .. so I'm fully expecting the hashtag to be entirely (and pathetically) populated with photos of me alone, but hopefully this time I'll be pleasantly surprised :D

GOD this is the most self deprecating post ever, lol. It's just been that kind of week, mentally. Anyway, I'm hoping to stick with this and maybe be a fraction as dedicated to the series as I was in 2011 when I got dressed up for Posh Frock Friday even though I was sick in bed.