Saturday, July 16, 2016

crying with happiness emoji



Let me just get this out of the way: I'm leaving for Paris and Rome ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. *crying with happiness emoji, but also the nervous grinning one because I'm very anxious*

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but my trip was originally scheduled for late August, which was a perfect time for me -- not much going on in my life in August. But then the tour that I had signed up for didn't get enough interest and they had to move me into a different tour that had the requisite number of tourists signed on. The only two options they gave me were either during my cruise to Alaska in September (I'm taking my Grandmom as an 80th birthday present) OR the same week as my Mom's birthday, my Grandmom's birthday, and a Killers concert. I obviously had to pick the latter (it would have been kind of complicated to fly to Paris mid-cruise!) which starting today, the next week is INSANE. Today is my Grandmom's birthday, then next week I have my Mom's birthday and the concert (which is the night before my plane leaves!)

I'm also hoping to squeeze in a day trip to New York because The Film Forum is playing an Alain Delon film on Tuesday (It's called Two Men in Town, and even if you can't make it to see it in NYC I'd highly recommend watching it on DVD. It's really good!) The Film Forum is doing a series of French movies starring Jean Gabin, Lino Ventura, and Jean-Paul Belmondo at the moment and I basically wish I could just live in New York until it's over.


cardigan - old navy | brooch - my shop | purple rug - amazon