Friday, July 25, 2014

young at heart



The last few outfit posts I felt like I had absolutely nothing to write about and today I feel like I have too much! First of all -- this dress! I got it in the modcloth sale last month (it's still 50% off right here!) I had my eye on it for a while but I held off because I wasn't sure if the shape would work for me, but I absolutely love it in person. It's a light sweater material, thick enough to be flattering but light enough for hotter weather. I'm really smitten.

Secondly - the glasses! I've been flirting with the idea of getting contacts lately, since I seem to need my glasses more and more but I don't really like wearing them all the time. But then I got these glasses and I think I'll put off the contacts for a while longer. The pink matches my hair PERFECTLY. It's insane. And awesome.

Thirdly - I went to see North by Northwest on the big screen last night and it was one of the best things ever. Cary Grant is so stinking handsome, and somehow he gets even MORE handsome when his face is 20 feet tall. Plus it's one of my favorite Hitchcock movies AND it was actually playing in Princeton! Usually I end up taking the train to New York whenever I want to see a classic film, but this was right in my own backyard! If you're local, The Garden Theater is under new management and they're playing classics twice a week now all summer long. It's so exciting!

And last but not least, my good friend and one of my favorite singers, Emma Wallace has a new album out and it's already my favorite. It's so good! It's inspired by Peter Pan and celtic music and it's just so sweet and perfect. You can download it for only $4.99 right here. If you haven't heard any of her songs yet, I promise you're in for a treat! :)