Thursday, July 31, 2014

flower crowns



I'm not sure why I haven't tried out floral crowns before, but boy oh boy am I hooked. I've always had a weird obsession with wearing my hair piled on top of my head, somehow I feel like it creates the right balance for my face shape. Since I cut my hair too short to do that anymore, piling hair accessories on my head seems to be the next best thing. And it doesn't hurt that I feel like a fairy princess, too ;)

Sammi blogged about these cardigans last week and I had to try them out. I'm always on the lookout for cropped cardigans, since they fit so perfectly with 99% of my dresses. This one is basically cardigan perfection -- it fits like a glove, it's nice and soft, warm without being too warm, thin enough to wear with dresses without adding bulk but heavy enough to be opaque and keep you comfortable. And they come in the best colors! Pinup Girl and Trashy Diva both have them in different colors. Needless to say, I'm stocking up! And probably adding a bunch of my cardigan collection to my next shop my closet sale. These are definitely taking over!

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention this because it seems kind of relevant to being a blogger -- I tried my first macaron last weekend. OMG. They totally live up to the hype! It's weird that food can be trendy, and when it is I tend to avoid it. But macarons just look so yummy, I couldn't help myself. And in this case I'm glad that I have zero willpower because it was one of the best experiences of having food in my mouth EVER. So good.