Wednesday, July 2, 2014

copycat



You know how a lot of websites sell their clothes by showing a whole outfit on the model? Like, they're trying to sell a pair of shorts but they show a girl wearing the shorts with a pretty button-up top, cute shoes and a pair of heart-shaped sunglasses too. It seems like I always either want the one item pictured that they don't sell anymore (or didn't sell to begin with?) OR I just really want to recreate the whole outfit at home using stuff I already own.

Anyway, I saw an outfit on Nasty Gal recently that I wanted to recreate. It was basically just light pink with black and white polka dots and I loved the whole pattern/color combination. It's no secret that I've got a pretty packed wardrobe but would you believe I don't own one single light pink item except a sweater? I technically have a plaid light pink coat and a striped white and light pink dress, but otherwise light pink -- one of my favorite colors and such a perfect match for my hair, obviously -- is totally missing from my wardrobe.What?!

So I decided to try to recreate it with this green dress instead and I don't like it as much. But I wore it anyway. This is where my brother would probably sarcastically say "Wow, who's going to play you in the movie??" but really it's the most interesting thing I have to talk about today.