Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY: lonely sock holder



I don't know about you, but I seem to have a lot of single socks. Rather than have them hang out with the married ones in my sock drawer, I decided to create a little place where they can mingle until I finally find their mates.

You'll need: two pieces of fabric (size is up to you.. I think mine came out too small. You want it to be able to hold as many lonely socks as you have, and then some), ribbon or string for the draw-string and some lonely socks


1. Sketch out the shape of a sock on your fabric. Pin the two pieces together, and cut it out (allowing some extra room for the seam). 2. Hem the top of each piece, then put them together again with the good sides facing each other. Measure about 1.5" from the top of the pieces, and mark it. This is where you want to start sewing -- make sure you backstitch! 3. Sew the two pieces together.

From here on in I think it's easier if you just watch this video here on how to make drawstring bags. It's pretty much the same concept as this except mine is shaped like a sock! ;) I made this project at night & couldn't photograph as I went along... I didn't realize how hard it would be to explain it without pictures, lol :)