Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Disney: part 1



First, the obligatory castle photo. I probably could have sat myself down on a bench and just stared at the castle for my entire trip. It's so magical!


For some reason I burst into giggles *a lot* when we're taking pictures on vacation! So most photos of me end up like this, lol.. We took the picture in front of a fence they have up in front of construction work. In 2012 they're opening a Beauty and the Beast restaurant where you can dine in the Beast's castle!


I was determined to collect pins this time around, and as soon as I saw this Mary Poppins one I knew it had to be my first! But it also ended up being my last, lol... I never ended up finding any others that I really wanted. Despite a fervent quest throughout the whole trip, I couldn't find a single one for 101 Dalmatians, which is probably my favorite Disney cartoon :p


For dinner on the first night we ate in Cinderella's Castle! It was SO magical! And they had an amazing vegetarian meal which, trust me, was rare (I practically lived on a steady diet of so-so veggie burgers and fries for our entire trip). It was a mix of beans, zucchini and tomatoes in a really hearty tomato broth. Absolutely scrumptious!

The firework celebration took place during our meal, so we got to see it right outside our window from within the castle! I can't even describe how amazing that was. I was gaping! Absolutely breathtaking! I didn't get any photos of it, but I did get video so I'll post that later this week.


Kyle took this amazing photo of the castle lit up at night. Isn't it stunning? At the end of the night we were walking backwards out of the Magic Kingdom because we wanted to keep staring at the castle.


It was raining and really cold that night, so (being ill-prepared for the weather) we bought matching brother-sister sweatshirts. We're total dorks.


On Day 2 we went to Epcot. In Japan they have a HUGE selection of Hello Kitty stuff. Look at the giant chococat pillow up in the top right corner! <3


We brought some photos from previous Disney trips, and then took pictures holding the photos in the same locations. This one is a photo of me and Kyle from 2002 standing in England. Also it was raining and really humid so my bangs took on a life of their own ;p


Me taking a picture in a mirror in Morocco with my new Hello Kitty iphone case that I picked up in the Japan pavilion.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow! I also have a trip video if anyone would want to see it? It's like 10 minutes long, but it's set to music and edited so it's not like a normal home video. You could always fast forward to the fireworks parts lol ;D