Monday, January 14, 2019

borrowing from myself



Do you ever have days where you stand in front of your closet and just don't even know where to begin? I had such a creative block with getting dressed this morning, so I decided to peruse my outfit post archives and just borrow an idea from past me! I ended up finding inspiration from this post from 2012. I didn't have the dress or shoes anymore, but I wore the same sweater and swapped the shoes and dress for similar items in my closet.

Next year will be 10 years since I started this blog, and I think once I hit that milestone I might start a series where I recreate outfit posts that I posted a decade ago! I think that would be so fun! Honestly the fact that I've been doing this for almost ten years is one of the main reasons that I keep doing it. Some days it feels so silly to be so dedicated to this blog since I don't think anyone really reads it anymore but it's turned into this intensely detailed archive of my life and I just feel so committed to keeping it going now. I keep thinking about how cool it will be when I'm in my 70s or 80s and I can look back and see weekly photos of myself aging, day to day writings about my life, and a pretty extensive chronicle of all the material items I was lusting after, haha!


dress - charlotte russe (old) | cardigan - forever 21 (old)