Tuesday, October 18, 2011

THE pink outfit.



shirt - handmade for me by Casey!!
jeans - ASOS
shoes - c/o blowfish
hair bow - hive & honey

My friends and I are HUGE fans of the movie The Moon-Spinners starring Hayley Mills. Hayley, the story, the setting and the adorable Peter McEnery all make the movie amazing but without a doubt the stand-out star of the picture is this outfit. We just refer to it as "THE pink outfit." The shirt is absolutely amazing.. a pretty striped, button down top with a belted waist and free-flowing back. Something so unique and original that it can only be found in a movie wardrobe ... until now! Casey (or, as I like to refer to her, The Seamstress Extraordinaire) whipped up exact replicas for me, Millie, Sarah and Nicole!! No question the best surprise EVER! Casey is always amazing me with her sewing skills, but this seriously just knocked my socks off! The attention to detail -- even rounding the button placket at the top to match Hayley's original -- is astonishing! And her craftsmanship puts the store-bought clothes in my closet to shame. I'm just so ridiculously excited to have it, and I love that every time I wear it I'll be reminded of what fantastic friends I have! :)

ps. you can see more photos of the original outfit in my Moon Spinners Style Idol post from March! :)