Tuesday, October 25, 2011

falling short



coat - forever 21
faux fur collar - h&m
dress - forever 21
tights - we love colors
shoes - h&m
hair bow - hive & honey

I look so short here! I think it's the coat. Anyway, I wore this to go to the thrift store with my dad on Saturday. We got there about 30 minutes before they closed, but I probably managed to scour at least 1/2 the store before we left. The thrift stores in my area seem to have a "1990's or later-only" policy or something because I usually can't even find any old 80's stuff... mostly just cheap mass produced junk from the last 10-15 years. But this time I did manage to find a belt, an old sheet that I'm going to use for a project, a ginormous old 70's cross-stitch with (I think) Hebrew writing, and a grapefruit colored sweater. When I got up to the register, though, I found out when I tried to pay with debit card that it was cash-only, and my dad only had $4 on him. So I had to put back the cross-stitch and the sweater. Then as we were leaving I saw an ATM... super nice of the lady at the counter to tell me about it, right? Oh well. Better luck next time!