Wednesday, October 12, 2011

look what I made #3!



dress - handmade by me!!!
belt - forever 21
shoes - modcloth
hair bow - hive & honey

My first attempt at sewing a dress with sleeves!! :) It's not quite perfect, but I'm so happy with how it turned out! The armholes go wayyyy too low for me, if I so much as raise my arm 1/2" the whole dress comes up with it, lol! Also, I still haven't nailed the science of sizing yet so I really need the belt to cinch the waist.

Last night I decided to tackle adjusting the pattern to fit better. I'm such a novice, I really didn't think it would work at all. I'm just barely getting the hang of sewing a store-bought pattern, so adjusting one to fit me is a bit of a stretch! But I took in the waist on the pattern and brought the armhole up closer to my actual arm... then I just dove right in and sewed it. And it actually worked! The new dress I made fits (almost) like a glove... still a bit too big in the waist, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll take pictures today and probably post them for my PFF post since the dress is kinda fancy looking ;D

ps. sorry about the insane amount of light coming in from my window.. the sun was like that all day yesterday, it was crazy!! :)