Saturday, October 6, 2018

un deux trois



For this week's wardrobe remix I went with a new addition to my closet, this pink cord overall dress from ASOS. I had to size up to get it to fit comfortably over my hips, and I added new buttons (these from Amazon) because it was too long on my 5' frame, but it was well worth the effort because I'm obsessed with it now! I even bought it in navy blue, too. For some reason I was on a mission this fall to get a cord pinafore (or two, apparently.) I must have tried at least a dozen different dresses from Modcloth, ASOS, Free People, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 and this was the ONLY one that fit over my hips. But I'm so happy with it, and I can already tell it's going to be a versatile piece in my daily wardrobe this autumn!

Do you want to guess which outfit is my favorite? I'll tell you at the end! :)



Remixed item: Pink cord overall dress from ASOS

Turtleneck bodysuit: ASOS
Tights: Target
Shoes : ASOS (old)

I was definitely trying to channel Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face with this outfit. It's technically supposed to be her "frumpy" style, since the fashion world hasn't intervened to make her stylish yet, but I love the combination of a turtleneck (preferably black) with an overall dress or pinafore. It just feels so artsy to me.



Remixed item: Pink cord overall dress from ASOS

Sweater: H&M (old)
Necklace: Vintage
Socks: Amazon
Shoes: old

There's just something about a cord dress that calls out for cozy socks and a big comfy sweater! I tried to break up the dress a little with a long vintage necklace (it has a "K" on the front and the back side is a mirror! It's so cool!)



Remixed item: Pink cord overall dress from ASOS

Shirt: Vintage
Brooch: Vintage
Shoes: Bait Footwear
Belt: Target (old)

Like I said, I had to size up to get this dress to fit over my hips which ended up making it large at the waist. I fixed that here with a bright pink belt, cinching in all of the excess fabric around the middle. While the black turtleneck outfit was my favorite of the batch (I felt so comfy and Audrey-Hepburn-esque in it!) this one is my favorite silhouette. I always gravitate towards the fit-and-flare look, even when I need to create it myself with a belt :)