Thursday, February 14, 2013

two very special anniversaries!



Today is a very special day in our household, because two of my kitties are celebrating their adoption anniversaries! First up is Chloe, who's been a member of my family for 10 years now. 10 years! It's surreal!! I feel like it was just yesterday that we brought her home, but at the same time I literally can't remember what life was like without her. I feel like she's always been sitting in the front window observing our neighbors or running down the hallway chasing imaginary mice.

When we met Chloe she was a tiny 1 year old kitten, and had just had surgery for frostbite. She had been found outside in the cold, curled up in a ball... she hadn't eaten in a while and had apparently given up on life. She still has neurological damage and part of her tail is missing. We spoil her like crazy to make up for all the suffering she must have endured during her first year.

She is a real tough broad now, though! She lets us pet her when she's in the right mood, and as soon as she's had enough she gives us a swift punch in the jaw. She's even knocked my brother's glasses right off of his face! But Chloe is also a sweetie pie and one of the cutest creatures on the planet. She is the reason that I became a cat person.





Today is also one year since I brought home Hubble! He is SUCH a character (I think you can really tell from his photos!) and a little ball of energy. Seriously, this cat moves so fast sometimes that my eyes can't detect his movement.. he is just in one place one moment and across the room the next. He's a complete sweetheart, and loves to cuddle. And he has the cutest little throaty meow!

I met Mr. Hubble after Hypatia had received a very bleak prognosis from the vet. (She ended up pulling through, miraculously! She's a little fighter!) My mom thought it would cheer me up to look at the cats that they had up for adoption, and this little guy was hiding UNDER his cat bed! How cute is that? He seemed so meek and scared, we just had to bring him home! We were actually supposed to pick him up on the 13th, since I didn't want him stealing Chloe's birthday thunder (yeah, I put the crazy in crazy cat lady) but the vet's office rescheduled and we ended up picking him up on Valentine's Day after all!