Thursday, February 7, 2013

2012 revisited



Last year I kept a "good things" jar. Every time something neat happened, I wrote it down on a little slip of paper and put it in a jar in my bedroom. On New Year's Eve, I emptied the jar and relived all of the good memories I'd had throughout the year. It was a really fun project (and one that I'm currently doing again for 2013) but when it was over I didn't know what to do with the my memory notes. At first I bundled them up with a paper clip and put them in a zip-lock bag in a drawer, just until I could come up with something better. And then it hit me - duh! - a scrapbook! :)



I gathered up all of my notes, purchased a pretty 8" x 8" pink scrapbook and ordered photos to go with some of the occasions I'd written down, like my day trip to NYC with Amber last June, my trip to Disney, adopting Hubble, etc.

My mom and I used to do real scrapbooking -- like the kind where you have tons of gadgets and paper-cutting tools and patterned papers and stickers and embellishments and the pages look like they could be in magazines -- but I wanted this to be more like a journal, kind of messy and fun! I just used washi tape and some cheesy stickers from Michaels, and then doodled a bit on the pages. The result is a sort-of-sloppy but definitely fun little peek into my year, and, I think, the perfect way to preserve all those happy memories!