Friday, February 15, 2013

friday favorites



I love this photo from Polly's blog! (Also: the pink coat!!! eep!)



I think this is one of the most clever ideas ever! An astroturf purse! I would love to get this and wear it with my sunny day outfit. It also reminds me of this picnic basket idea!



Pink polka dotted cat shoes. Need I say more?!



Speaking of shoes, BAIT Footwear is releasing their spring line this week and to say I'm in love would be the understatement of the year. So far the only ones I see up on the site are the pink ones, but I'm dying to get my hands on the mint and cornflower blue ones too!!



Did you see Helen Mirren dyed her hair pink? Coolest thing ever! I hope so badly that my hair turns white (or at least light grey) when I'm older so that I can dye it fun colors without all the hassle of bleach. My genetics seem to point towards having dark hair FOREVER though, darn it!



Anthropologie has a grapefruit sweater!! A grapefruit sweater! It's a little (okay, a lot!) out of my price range though so I might DIY it. I think I owe it to my undying love of grapefruit juice to own at least one piece of grapefruit clothing.



I love this print of foods from The Office! I definitely need one for my bedroom.. it would be a much subtler (and cuter!) way of paying tribute to my favorite tv show than the poster I currently have hanging up (you can see it creeping in the background of the close-up in this outfit post.) And the mixed berry yogurt will always make me smile :)



Speaking of The Office, did you see the Dunder Mifflin products at Quill? They started selling Dunder Mifflin paper last year (of course I bought a whole box!) but this year they added legal pads, post-its, markers and legal boxes! I'm so excited!!



A Ross Gellar brooch! I love it! I wish Friends would start streaming somewhere so I could watch it constantly like I do The Office and The X-Files. I have the whole series on DVD but I've gotten so spoiled by netflix instant that I hardly ever pull out my discs anymore.



Speaking of instant streaming, from Feb. 14th to Feb. 18th all of the Criterion movies on hulu are free for everyone! If you have some free time I highly recommend checking some of them out! Some of my personal favorites that they're streaming are Jules et Jim, Daisies, Elevator to the Gallows, The Seventh Seal, Stagecoach, Monsieur Verdoux, Vivre Sa Vie, La Strada, Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Earrings of Madame De... and Orpheus.



This service is so cool! You upload your photographs and they turn them into a viewfinder slide, plus you get a viewfinder to.. well.. view them! I'm thinking of getting one of these made for my dad's 60th birthday in April!



My dream home would definitely have a spiral staircase, extra points if it's pink (who am I kidding, if it wasn't pink to begin with I'd probably paint it!) Honestly I think if my future home doesn't come with one of these, I'm installing one... even if it's a one story flat and the staircase is purely decorative. It just needs to be there.