Wednesday, February 20, 2013

art history



I actually wore this a couple weeks ago and completely forgot to post it, oops!

I really love photographic print fabric but (like galaxy print) it seems to always be used on bodycon/clubbing sort of clothing. And, since that's pretty much the polar opposite of my own style, I constantly miss out. Thankfully this skirt is a nice a-line exception to that rule ;) yay!

And being a former art history student, I couldn't have asked for a better photographic design! I haven't sewn in way too long but this makes me want to scan some of my favorite paintings from my art history books and get them printed on fabric to make into dresses. This is a cliche choice, but how cool would it be to have a dress that's an allover print of the Mona Lisa?! I think that would be pretty awesome.


cardigan - c/o modcloth | faux fur collar - h&m | skirt - c/o romwe | shoes - asos